Are you interested in an individual, high-quality, communication-focused Business English learning experience?
Hello! My name is Tammela Platt and I am an experienced and approachable DELTA-qualified Business English teacher supporting professionals to develop their confidence to communicate freely in the workplace. I offer one-to-one tailored training programs based on your current needs and future goals.
It is important that you start feeling more confident using English at work as quickly as possible. In my programs, you will do a lot of speaking and vocabulary development right from the start. We will focus on common mistakes as well as your specific errors. We’ll also practice simulating real workplace situations, such as meetings, interviews, and telephone calls. Soon you will be able to communicate freely in English at work.
I have over 13 years of experience teaching English and I love supporting people to improve their confidence and fluency. I have worked in the non-profit sector as a teacher, people manager and project coordinator, and I bring that experience and expertise to my work as a Business English teacher.
Would you like to learn more about my background? Go to About Me to learn more.
“Professional but at the same time relaxed working atmosphere with noticeable improvement in every session…All things are very well organized and managed.”Tobias G., 1‑to‑1 Business English Refresher, July 2022
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Who do you work with?
I work with motivated professionals who want to improve their confidence, fluency, and vocabulary using English at work. I support administrators, managers, freelancers, and company leaders to practice and improve their communication skills through conversation, discussion, role plays, and vocabulary building exercises.
What Business English programs do you offer?
I offer the following Business English course programs:
- Business English Refresher
- Business English: Conversation Skills
- Office Communication
- Advanced Business English Skills
- Email English
How do I book a Business English course with you?
- During our initial communications, we will discuss your goals and decide on the best Business English program for you. We will also agree on a day/time for your lessons.
- I will then send you an offer letter; once you accept and pay the first invoice, we can get started!
Will I get my money’s worth?
Of course! In my Business English programs, we will work together to:
- Identify your top learning priorities
- Develop your fluency and confidence through role plays and other speaking activities
- Build vocabulary specific to your job and sector
- Determine areas for improvement in your English
Materials will be tailored to your individual needs and I will provide you with worksheets and links to support your learning with me and into the future.
The cost of my Business English programs covers my preparation time, communications, materials costs, and of course your lesson time.
What are my payment options?
- I take payment via bank transfer.
- I will invoice you in advance for your course program. You can pay the entire amount up front, or you can pay in two installments.