I am a passionate, DELTA-qualified English teacher with over 13 years of experience teaching English to adults. I love supporting people to develop their fluency and I enjoy developing lessons and courses that are tailored to client needs. I can teach American or British English, and I speak B2/C1 German.
I am originally from the USA but I’ve been living abroad since 2010. I spent two years as a US Peace Corps Volunteer in western Ukraine, where I taught English in primary and secondary school. In 2013 I moved to London, where I did my MA in Literature and also completed my CELTA and DELTA qualifications. In London, I worked for five years in NGOs as an ESOL teacher for migrant adults as well as a people manager and project coordinator.
In 2019 I moved to Münster, and since then I have been working as a freelance English teacher for further/higher education institutions and private clients. My strengths as a teacher include focusing on practical and functional language for communicating clearly in English. It is important that my course participants can start confidently using English in their work or daily lives as quickly as possible.
- Freelance English Language Teacher in Münster since 2019:
- I teach Business and Academic English to professionals and university students, in person and online, for private clients and other institutions
- Lecturer, WWU Münster Language Center: Academic Writing, Cultural Studies and English Conversation courses for university students
- Instructor, WWU Münster: professional English courses for university staff (A1-C1)
- Instructor, TH Köln: Professional English for HR Managers
- Lecturer, IU Internationale Hochschule: Business English I & II
- 5 years of experience as an ESOL and English Teacher for migrant adults in London, UK
- 2 years of experience as a Secondary TEFL Volunteer for primary and secondary school pupils in Ukraine (US Peace Corps Volunteer)
- Editing & proofreading of academic English texts
Education & Qualifications
- Cambridge Diploma in English Language Teaching to Adults (DELTA)
- ILM Certificate in Leadership and Management
- Cambridge Certificate in English Language Teaching to Adults (CELTA)
- Master of Arts (MA) with Merit in English Literature from University College London (2014)
- Bachelor of Arts (BA) with High Honors in English Literature from Oberlin College (2010)